Sungai Asap, Bakun

Last 2nd January we went to Sungai Asap near Bakun Hydroelectric dam.
It was a sudden decision actually and I had lack of sleep on the day as well
as bad allergic reaction. OTLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I still remember 10-years-old Valerie asked me "Why are your eyes purple, did you got punched?" HEOOLLINGG TAT

But yea, it was a long journey. Actually I was excited to go to see Bakun dam.
Cos based on what I heard the river has became such a big lake, and native's people houses had
to be made float-able by removing the house's "legs". Except the water are smelly LOL
I also wanted to see the first hole thingy, cos if the 2nd hole got opened, the road will be totally covered
with water ;_; Which means, "never gunna able to see/go inside Bakun dam"

SADLY it was public holiday, so we can't see the hole and there were other plans at Sungai Asap Kenyah's longhouses. We ended up spending 4-5 (I think, didn't look at the clock) hours there LOL!

So we ended up not going to Bakun dam ........ OK. But since I've decided to follow why not enjoy it right ;_;
I got to see free show of traditional dancing, that's something you pay RM45.00 at Sarawak
cultural village TvT And I got to take lots of pics.. Even though I was mad tired cos I didn't had enough sleep LOL

This was at Bakun dam intersection. They sell lots of foods here.


Then we continue the journey ^o^
Okay less with the words, more with pictures.. I'm bad with writing anyways LOL.. ;;








What is Sarawak if it doesn't have bad roads? :D



At a traditional cemetery. I don't know if it's Kenyah's cemetery or what, but it is a cemetery.


The building's top each has this.





Colorful


At the first longhouse. This is where Aunt Sophie's mom lives. Been here once long time ago LOL.


They got fishes here, so nice okay suddenly got mini aquarium/pond down under. ;A; Super like.



Hand-crafts.




Kenyah's longhouse are clean particularly.
Cause they have this rule of "no drinking alcohols on hallways" and dogs aren't encouraged to be here.
That's what Aunty Sophie said.




At the second longhouse. This was where they did the performance. See how colorful the place is ;o;



Yeap, two-storeys 8D





Uhh.. some colorful guitars and traditional music thing LOL sorry I don't know what its called.




How to recognize a Kenyah person, their ears. ;D Of course not every single Kenyah person do their ears like that though LOL.







"I turn, I saw, I smiled" BASICALLY. Hahahaha


Something that looks like Sape, maybe it is Sape.



Tuning.


The youngest dancer. How do I know? Through the face la LOOOL.
So mad though Blogspot resize these images below :'( It was supposed to be 800px (width)








The locals and non.





This was connected to the Sape thing.


Male dancer, looking above resembling a hornbill


Then the guests dance, including my mom 8Db
(But my mom's part was so long I thought my hands gunna break. Doesn't help I was tired)






Below is Aunty Sophie 8Db



My mom lol..


Okay this uncle reminds me of my uncle.
He danced so funnily BUT I was tired to rolling-on-the-floor-laughing LOLOL


Cos my mom's friend is Sabahan they dance to Sabah traditional dance there. LOL


"Look at me, I'm gunna make you have nightmare 8B"



Then it rains, heavily.


Each door means a house (OMG that's common sense no).
It's super cosy here, ;_;




The first thing that came to my mind when I review back this picture was,
"how many mosquitoes will enter the house at evening/night D:"


We went back to the first longhouse to visit Aunty Sophie's grandmother.
Look at her tattoos man. That's traditional ones 8Db





사진들 끝!!

Alright I'm so bad at words.

This Sungai Asap place is between Bintulu-Miri by the way, if you wanna visit.
Not sure if you'll get to see performances though ^o^

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(UPDATED) How to make a Naver account! (with pictures)

How to download images from Naver blogs

SPM ULKCP experience