SPM ULKCP experience

I'm typing this on June 26th 2012  but will only publish it when SPM result comes out. I'm writing this as I didn't see anyone publishing anything like this in the internet. And Norfy also asked me to write my experience IDEK if she still remembers it LMAO. Hopefully this will be useful for people who are repeating their languages paper/SPMU or fresh new candidates.


18th June - Bahasa Malaysia

On the day I woke up quite early. Went to SMK Kidurong at about 7:30am That's the only school where private candidates can sit for SPM and also for their ULKCP (if eligible) in my town. ULKCP is ujian lisan khas calon persendirian or oral test for SPM's private candidates. These private candidates can be people who are taking SPM for the first time or took it before but doing it again to get better marks.

Okay so I arrived at SMK Kidurong. I was so o_o because I've never been to the school. Some more it looks like apartment? Hahah. Wrote my name at the security booth and then walk to the lobby. I asked a student where the office is then another candidate told me it would be in the library. The candidate was at the security booth too so he knew that I also came for ULKCP hahah. So then we both walked to the highest level where the library is located. I opened the library door then 'buushh' I saw the people who are also taking ULKCP BM hahah 


Checked in my name (I can't find a better word to describe it T_T) the moment I entered. The prefect asked for my IC and also wrote my angka giliran. I also had to sign somewhere. Then he proceeds to explain on what we have to do and topics we could do. So yes, prepare your own material. Its oral exam so memorize it. The more you look at your note/paper the less pleased the evaluator would be. LOL


Then I chose a place to sit at, it was the most front table. REGRETTED it because I was easily distracted by everything and it was also very cold as it was right under the air conditioner T_T Anyway, I wrote my material on the spot because I didn't prepared anything Ha ha ha hah udbfldicb.

There were two part in the oral test. One is individual test and another is group test. I did a bad job during individual test so I tried my best to speak during group test. During the individual test I was nervous so there was a pause for 30 seconds when I tried to remember what was my next line. T_T_T It felt like 3 minutes lmao. The evaluator face was quite discouraging ;_; The female evaluator closed her eyes when I was speaking, they were also not paying attention to me so I was like "confidence level 50" to "confidence level -2" ;A; After I finished what I wanted to say, they asked me questions. I talked about 'internet'. I mean I use it everyday so I HAVE to be good in it doesn't it? WRONG. I couldn't answer "if someone insults and spread rumours about you on the internet, what would you do?" well. I ended up feeling like s#it after I went out of the room to the waiting area. I kinda went on a 'reflection' mode, though.

Part 2 which is group work. I was in the group with the other remaining 3 candidates. We were given a topic to talk about. The topic is very general which is 'pelancongan' or tourism. We were not a great team, that's all I have to say hahah. After the first group finish (the first group had the first 6 candidates) we were given 10 minutes. 10 minutes fly by so fast at the time ;_; So yeah we entered. And we were asked to start. We decided who will speak which part. Due to our short time and bad teamwork one person only has 1 paragraph to talk about before the questioning by the evaluators. #facepalm But yeah, took every chance possible to speak during the questionnaire because I know I did bad earlier LMAO. I think its best if you talk about what you know. Kefahaman is quite important jyeah~ After the questionnaire we went back to our home.

When I was waiting for my mom to pick me up I talked with the other 2 candidates. One of them retake SPM just to get higher mark. He's now working with an oil company but yeah, overachiever maybe. Not a bad thing. It makes me 'ooo :0'. The other candidate which is a girl and also my school senior retook BM only to get a job in government sector because she failed hers before. Told my mom this and she said my uncle also retook his BM paper to get a job with JKR. I DIDN'T KNEW THAT. Anyway, end of BM oral test story.


26th June - English

It starts at 9:30PM. I arrived maybe 10 minutes late because when I entered the library someone else was already doing his individual test in the room ;_; This time there were 12 people. Most of them are people who weren't there during BM ULKCP. I was the 2nd last candidate. I am actually quite glad. I could memorize my text well eventhough I needed to take a peek during the individual test. Yeah I did my text last minute *cries*.

There were two part as well. But I liked English ULKCP procedure better. Why?

1. They tell you what to do and what you shouldn't do
2. The evaluators are friendly
3. The evaluators actually looked at my face and nods at what I'm saying
4. The evaluators only asked me to start after they finish writing my details in their form. Which means full attention on what I'm trying to say. *-*

They told me to not read the note that I bring it. I was going to put it under the table cover until they said "you can take a peek but not too long" T_T_T So yeah I let it sit in front of me. I started my words. Few minutes later, I kinda got nervous and forgot what I was going to say, FOR A MOMENT lmao and then I told them "can I take a look at my note ;_;" then starts to look at the points. I memorized most of it but I don't know why I  forgot which part is after/before which part *DIES* I wasn't looking at the note while reading though, I was more to *looks at word* "OH OKAY so this is where it starts". Couldn't take a peek for long because one of the evaluator said "if you're looking at it for too long that means you didn't memorize. This is a not a reading test, this is an oral test". It was satisfactory, to me. I tried my best to memorize it so yeah. There were no questions which is different from BM ULKCP.

After I came out of the room I waited for the last person to finish his individual test. One of the candidate (in the same group as me) starts gathering the other 4 group members and tells us what to do. "We have to have the same conclusion and opinion so please don't start a debate". LMAO. The last guy came out and we all entered the room again for group test.

On the table there were pieces of paper with A, B, C, D, E, F written on it. I sat at E. We were seated based on our individual test turn. We were then given a question on a A4 paper. It has a situation and there were also points, all you have to do is to elaborate the points. We were given 10 minutes to do our elaboration/preparation. My question was (not really accurate)

"Situation: You won money from a drawing competition. Explain what you are going to do with the money.

Candidate A : You are going to spend the money on your family and yourself.
- presents
- study
- car
- house
- savings for the future"

I was quite puzzled at first, do I only have to elaborate it? Yes, you only have to elaborate the points. EASY. But some of my group mates couldn't answer their question ;A; The evaluator then asked us to ask and help our group mates who couldn't answer their.question. Of course every kind of interaction counts in a test. Finally we were asked to choose which idea we agrees on. We had 4 idea; spending the money for your family and yourself, donating the money to charity, opening your own business and improving housing area and school library. The other 5 chose first one, I chose the 2nd one. ONLY ME. ;A; I said I supported spending the money for charity (think about the cats man) and then the same guy who said we shouldn't debate said spending money on your family and yourself is better. I kind of agree with him after he explains why HAHAHA. He said "firstly, money is money. With money I can fulfill my need. I can help with my parents healthcare. I can also buy a home for my family and myself" etc. Thinking again, I should've said "half on charity, half on family and myself" but whatever. To end the session I changed my opinion from using the money for charity to spending it on my family and myself hahaha XD

The English group test made me happy, contrary to BM ULKCP group test. English one feels more lively, there were different opinions and the evaluator are actually quite helpful. I think it could be the different system AND the helpful group member. Or maybe I'm just more confident in using English LMAO. I was a lot calmer and comfortable in the English' session.

When I walked out of the school building, I saw the two older male candidates who was in the same group as me. They both uses big cars ;_; Makes me wonder why they retook their English paper.

I really enjoyed my experiences eventhough they're not that sweet as I wanted them to be (especially BM's ULKCP ;-;). They made me realize there are lots of people who are striving their best to have a better result in their life. It was quite inspiring looking at older people repeating their test. One never stop learning until they die. ^-^

Comments

  1. I nak tanya. U pilih tajuk untuk oral u or the evaluator gave u the topic? Help me, i have an oral exam next week T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry, I just saw your comment and I believe it's too late anyway but for the sake of it I reply lah. I have forgotten almost everything but during my time the individual test's topic was decided by us. Then the group one was given to us. Not sure how it goes now. Hope your test was fine :0

      Delete

    2. Hai intan. Nak tanya. U dah buat oral test english untuk spm ulangan? evaluator gave the topic or we must make own topic?

      Delete
    3. Hi aimi. Nk tanya. .Dh buat oral test utk bi? Blh share sikit macam mana. . N apa topic yg ada? Boleh reply i tak? Esok i ada oral test. .Tq aimi

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I am going to have my ULKCP BM next week, but I have no idea about what I should prepare for it. Can you suggest some general topics for me based on your experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi, can you tell me your experience with the English oral test? is the format same as the BM one

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Do we need to introduce ourselves again when it comes to group conference?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(UPDATED) How to make a Naver account! (with pictures)

How to download images from Naver blogs